Previous Blogs

15 June 2011

Seasons of Refreshment

Now that school is out for the summer break many people will enjoy times of vacation, holiday, and relaxation. I am sure that God created us to enjoy and benefit from these seasons of refreshment. Our body, mind, and soul all require these times of revitalization and we will all be better following the break.

I hope you will remember to benefit from your times of vacation -- regardless of where you go or what you do. Our family is looking forward to our break to Hilton Head Island with another family of friends. We will enjoy all we do but especially our time worshiping with the dear people of First Baptist Church of Hilton Head. It will be refreshing to listen to the Word of God preached from that excellent pulpit. Let me encourage you to worship in a church in the place where you vacation. Look and see that the Body of Christ is alive around the globe. Look for how God is at work around you -- even when you are away from home. I have made it my practice to be aware of God's activity everywhere I go. Even today, while in a local department store I had the opportunity to engage in spiritual conversation with a person working in the store. She gave testimony to me that she personally knew Jesus Christ. I hope you will join me in turning the world upside down. If you did not have the opportunity to hear my message last week (by the same title) I hope you will click here to listen online.

My heart continues to be encouraged by all that I see God doing around us.

No comments: