Previous Blogs

29 June 2011

Images of the Cross


The cross is a constant reminder of the grace, love and mercy of God.  As I have had the opportunity to be away for a few days of rest and relaxation I have been amazed at the wonderful ways God reminds me of His love.  As I sit on the porch of our condo it seems that my eyes are drawn to images of the cross.  These images might be nothing more that the beams of a condo unit across the way, the shape of a tree in the distance, or even an oddly shaped cloud in the sky, but I know that I see these images. It has been a great reminder of the love of God.

As many Americans prepare to celebrate the birthday of our nation this weekend, I hope you will remember that this once richly blessed nation was founded upon the Word, will, and way of God.  We were unashamed to mention openly the Name of God in our classrooms, courtrooms, or congressional halls. However, now our fear of the politically correct has sent us down a path of disaster.  The only hope for America is Jesus and I trust that you will use this weekend to ask God to bring to your remembrance the wonderful glory of what could be again.

No comments: